Did you know that there are numerous cleaning products that you can make from the comfort of your home using cheap supplies that are right in your pantry? These products are not only cheap and free from harsh chemicals, but they work almost like any other store-bought cleaning product.
Some of the most common natural ingredients that you can use to make your toxic-free cleaning products are:
- Baking soda – it softens, deodorizes, and clean water
- Washing soda – is one of the most versatile natural cleaning products. It softens water, cuts through tough grease, removes stains, and is also super useful in cleaning sinks, tiles, walls, and even tubs
- Lemon juice – lemon juice is a strong food acid that kills almost all bacteria found at home. It also helps to prevent foul odours, especially in your garbage bin.
- White vinegar – white vinegar aids in odour removal and in preventing wax build-up. It also cuts through grease and is effective in the removal of mild stains
- Alcohol – alcohol has excellent disinfectant properties. Some forms of alcohol, such as vodka, are also excellent odour removers.
- Hydrogen peroxide – This is yet another excellent kitchen or bathroom disinfectant. You can also use hydrogen peroxide to remove stains on the fabric.
Best Homemade Multipurpose Cleaner
The best multipurpose cleaner recipe I am about to share is ideal for cleaning all surfaces, from countertops, furniture, floors, and more. Plus, the lemon scent will keep your space smelling fresh all day.
Mix a quarter cup of white vinegar, one litre of hot water, and two tablespoons of baking soda. Now squeeze in ½ a lemon, including the lemon rind, and stir well. Leave for some minutes until the mixture cools. Remove the rind and transfer the contents into a spray bottle. Your all-purpose cleaner is now ready.
Best Cleaning Product for the Bathroom and Kitchen
The kitchen and bathroom are two areas whose cleanliness should never be compromised. Thus, if you have noticed some notorious stains that would not come out after scrubbing, the cleaning product I am about to share could be the ultimate saviour.
Mix peroxide and baking soda in a bowl. This would form a paste that works like a charm. It will quickly eliminate all tough stains, including stubborn grease marks, tough stains, and more.
Best Natural Carpet Stain Remover
To make an all-purpose carpet stain remover, mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spritz bottle. Spray this mixture on the stains and let it a few minutes. The stains will come out quickly when you now clean the area with a sponge or brush using warm water.
All-natural Window Cleaner
Want to get sparkling clean windows? With four ingredients that you can easily find at home, your windows will be all shiny in a few easy steps. You will need ¼ cup of white vinegar, ¼ cup of rubbing alcohol, 2 cups of warm water, and one tablespoon of corn-starch.
Mix all four ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake well so that everything mixes in well. You will also need to shake the bottle again before use, as the corn starch tends to sink at the bottom.
These cleaning products are easy to make, free from harsh chemicals, and super affordable. Try them today, and you might never return to the store-bought cleaning products.