Creamy mushroom soup is one of my go-to comfort food and it is actually very easy to make.
Here is the recipe below:
INGREDIENTS (serves 2 people)
• 250 g mushroom chopped (or any type)
• 2 cups water (or vegetable broth)
• 1 small onion chopped
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 1/2 teaspoon thyme
• Pinch salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cube vegetable stock cube (optional if using broth)
• 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (or corn starch)
• 1 cup coconut milk
1. Add 1/4 cup water in a saucepan on medium heat, add onion and garlic and sauté
for 5 minutes (You can replace water with 1 tablespoon oil). Sauté, stirring
frequently, until the onions turn translucent but do not brown.
2. Add the mushrooms, thyme, pepper, and salt, cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the water and vegetable stock cube (or vegetable broth), cover, and simmer
for 15 minutes.
4. Mix all-purpose flour with coconut milk into a paste, add to the mushroom soup
5. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve warm with toasted bread
Chef Natachi Peace Ugbajah